Monday, June 28, 2010

This Past Weekend

Saturday (Day 21) I was convinced I was going to die.

Seriously!!!

I'm not exaggerating!!!

As I was running along the SouthSide trail, the first 4 minutes were super-duper-uber easy.  And then it all went downhill from there.  The second 4 minutes was when I was whole heartedly convinced that I was going to die.  I would be found later that morning, dead, in front of my favorite store in SouthSide Works - REI.  I was sure of it.  Around that time I realized, to hell with the schedule I needed to walk.  And I walked, and I walked, and I walked....  It felt like forever, but it was only 2 minutes, and then I was off running for my third set of 4 minutes - which by and by was the easiest of the five sets!  I decided that for my next two recovery sets I would give myself an extra 30 seconds - it made a world of difference.  I still ran for five sets of four minutes, and hopefully tomorrow when I have to run six sets of four minutes I won't die again.

Today is Day 23, a rest day, thank heavens for it too, 'cause I may die tomorrow and at least I'll have had a day off before that occurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment