Friday, June 25, 2010

Productive

I'm beginning to think maybe running early is not quite the way to go... It leads to other things, like productivity later in the day.  Now, I'm not one to complain, but it just doesn't seem right to: run/walk at 5:30 am, go to work at 8:30 am, work until 5:30 pm, go home, cut the back lawn with a weed whacker, sprayed the weeds with Round-up, washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the living room, changed the sheets on the couch (these are for Ellie, so she doesn't destroy the couch), vacuumed the living room and the stairs AND did 2 loads of laundry.  All before 9:30 pm.

Apparently I'm CRAZY.

My body is still wondering whatever happened to our old ways of not doing anything but collapsing on the couch after work. 

That said, obviously Day 19 was a success.  My calves were burning as we ran 3.5 minutes and walked 1.5 minutes 5 times in a row at the Baldwin Whitehall track.  I did discover one very nice thing about running in general.  That would be the friendly other runners who say good morning to you as you're sweating buckets and gasping for breath along the way.  What's even nicer is when these other runners are very fit men with 6 pack abs and no shirts on.  Yeah, I went there.  Alyssa said I lit up - I like to think I was just being friendly doing my best to smile and say good morning back all the while attempting to not hyperventilate and die in the process.  And in my defense the hyperventilating and dying was not in regards to the other runner it was in regards to having just run for more than twice as long as I walked.

Today is Day 20, I was originally going to meet Alyssa at the gym bright and early this morning to do the elliptical before work, however being poor I decided it best to save my gas and just do a video at home.  I finally was able to do the beginners Core Rhythms DVD.  The ladies on it are crazy.  I feel they deserve an entire blog entry just to explain how crazy they are, and don't worry - there will be!

Tomorrow is running/walking again - this time run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute, repeat 5 times.  That'll happen in the morning, 'cause Dad's coming down to help work on the house, and Alyssa's got a garage sale, and tomorrow evening in Andrea's birthday happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment