Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 12/13

Day 12 was yesterday, and last night we both sucked it up and ran/walked.  Never has yoga kicked my butt so much! 

Here's a quick run down of the facts:  we ran 2.5 minutes, walked 2.5 minutes and repeated 5 times.  We averaged about a 15 minutes mile - not very good, but hey we were hurting from yoga - a lot!  We ran at the Baldwin Whitehall track, since it is so close to Alyssa's house we used the walk to and from there as the warm-up and cool-down.  Stretching ensued following and I used my trademarked freezy pop icing technique on my knee (first ice the knee, then eat the freezy pop) - which I am glad to say did some good, because I did not wake up in pain!

Today is Day 13 and it's a rest day - woo hoo!!!  In celebration of almost being done with 2 weeks of training (only 20 more to go!) Alyssa, Bob (her husband), and I are going to see Toy Story 3 tonight followed by dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube - yum....

Random other notes: 
- I charged my camera battery, so I'll be able to take and post some pics in the next week
- Depending on weather, we may move our running day from Saturday to Sunday and have cross training on Saturday.  This is because Alyssa's softball team has their championship game this weekend and we figured that would be cross training enough for her on whichever day her game is, so the other day will be the day we run.
- I'm going to meet Andrea at the gym for my cross training day to do a little bit of elliptical and lift weights.
- Andrea is going to run the 5k with us on September 4th at South Park for the Luke Hadley Foundation.
- Running this weekend is: run 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes, repeat 5 times. 
- We're going to run at one of the riverfront trails (most likely South Side), just to have a different surface to run on.  I think it's a good idea to mix it up (track, cinder, asphalt, dirt...) because race day it won't all be one surface.
- Thinking about it more, my calves were stiff as can be this morning, but with a little stretching they felt better.
- I think I'm having an allergy flair up, I keep needing to sneeze, and I've been snotty all morning.  I don't think I'm sick though since it's just all in my sinuses.
- As I told Alyssa yesterday, I am still concerned about what to do if I have to pee mid-race since the only port-a-potties are at the end of the race... hmm... I may have to perfect my peeing behind bushes... yuck

2 comments:

  1. The hallelujah chorus is singing today that its a rest day! Lots of good weekend stuff coming up too. I am happy to hear you've charged the camera battery, we definitely should be photo documenting this journey so we can make a bitchin' scrapbook when it's over!! 'Cept hopefully it'll be more than just pix of me giving you the finger...JK, JK!!
    -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided after getting a compliment on my calves yesterday that we should do a calf photo journal - every 2 weeks take a photo of our calves. Haha!! Since you know I don't want to post the full length before and after photos, I think calves should be juuusssttt rriiiggghhhttt.
    And it's better than photos of our feet!

    ReplyDelete