Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Appreciation

Day 17

It's official, I have a new appreciation for the morning. Huh?!?  Yup, mornings definately have their perks. 

Take today for example:
After forcing myself out of bed at 4:45 this morning, and severely confusing my basset hound Ellie, I got dressed, drove to pick up Alyssa, and the two of us got to Baldwin Whitehall High School at right around 5:30.  The sun was not yet up, so we were able to watch it rise on the horizon as we made our laps around the track, it was warm, but not too hot yet, and the rain had not yet started.

We ran/walked for 30 minutes - run 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes, repeat 6 times.  I won't lie, it hurt.  Mainly because of my hamstring pain. 

Afterwards I went to the grocery store and the gas station before showering and heading to work and getting there almost 30 minutes earlier than usual.  Mornings are good!

Not good this morning however was the aforementioned rain.  It started just as I got in my car to go to work.  By the time I was walking across the bridge to downtown the rain was coming down in sheets and when over the river was blowing it sideways.  I walked into work with morning with just the left side of my lower body and both feet soaking wet!  Luckily Wendy had a hair dryer so I was able to dry out my skirt, if she didn't I'd probably still be sitting here in a sopping wet skirt being miserable.

The plan for the rest of the week is:
Tomorrow (Day 18) rest day
Thursday (Day 19) another early morning run/walk (3.5 minutes run, 1.5 minutes walk, repeat 5 times)
Friday (Day 20) cross training of some sort
Saturday (Day 21) run/walk (4 minutes run, 1 minute walk, repeat 5 times)
Sunday (Day 22) cross training of some sort - possibly weights, although I am very angry with Bally's right now because they double billed me this month

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, I am so sorry to hear you got caught in the monsoon! I should've asked if you made it, I am sorry!! :o(

    I too, am a big fan of the mornings after yesterday. I can't stop raving about it! (Mostly to myself, LOL!) :o)

    Also, SUPER pleased to report for the first time today I woke up in nearly no pain! WOO! Looking forward to another early one tomorrow, RB!!

    -L

    ReplyDelete