Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zach

Did I ever tell you about Zach?  Zach is a (former) soldier that I was paired up with through a wonderful organization called Soldiers Angels, I spent about a year writing to him and sending him packages filled with necessities and fun little tidbits.  It was such a fun experience because the period of time I was writing to him was my last year on tour - needless to say, he got gifts from all over!

Prior to going to Europe in the winter of 2008/ 2009, I created Flat Zach.


Using the premise behind Flat Stanley, Flat Zach travelled around Europe with me seeing all the sights and sharing in my adventures, while real Zach was stuck in Iraq.  I posted the photos on his facebook page so he and his family could see where his flat self was traveling.

Flat Zach traveled in style, hitching a ride in my pack...


He spent much of the flight looking out the window and waiting for meal service...


We had a layover in Dublin, so he hit up the bar with us to get a Guinness at 5 a.m....


Elmo had a private Meet & Greet just for him...



Thousands of children would be jealous if they knew the VIP treatment given to Flat Zach at Sesame Street Live.

Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures of Flat Zach in Portugal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment