Monday, July 25, 2011

Opposite Ends of the Spectrum

That's exactly how my day went.  It started with 4 1/2 hours at the car dealer with what should have been a simple fix and an inspection - it ended up being I needed a new hub and bearing, a new arm (no clue what this is... I have no clue where a mannequin arm fits under the car... which was totally the image that popped in my mind when they told me I needed a new arm...), new rotors and new brake pads.  So that was frustrating - and pricey! 

This is what was running through my head the whole time I was there too:


But the end of the day was just what one could hope for.  I had my accounting mid-term, and after 2 1/2 hours of frustration I turned in my test.  I got an A!!!!  I knew the first 3 problems were right, or at least I was 99.9% sure they were because all of my cross checks worked out, but the 4th problem wasn't coming out right at all!  I was off by $2000 and couldn't figure out why - I even went through the entire problem 2 more times and still couldn't find it... It was one figure that I had as positive that should have been negative.  Oh well, I only lost 2 points for it.  As my professor said, "Not bad for someone who's never taken an accounting class before." 

Yay! 

And tomorrow is the U2 concert with my bestie, her hubby, and my computer guru - so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment