Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Bestie...

Do you have a bestie? (not to be confused with beastie)  I hope you do, they're good to keep around. 

I've known mine for nearly 19 years, although sometimes we have gone months if not years without seeing each other.  This was mostly my fault, I'm a wanderer, I have an exceptionally hard time staying in one place.  That said, now that I've been in the 'Burgh for going on 3 years I'm already planning on where I want to end up next.  But that's a story for another day...




This past Wednesday my bestie had a bad day.  A really bad day.  One which involved tears and cursing and a nearly empty gas tank.  However, I like to think that I was able to be some comfort to her when she called me 4 times while I was at work and I actually took the calls.  I did my best to calm her down, I don't know if it worked at all, but at least it's good to know that someone is there for you.  She was there a few months ago for me when I was broken down on the side of the road, waiting for a tow truck for 2 hours in a sketchy part of town.  I was able to call her, say I needed her, and she walked away from a beckoning cold beer to come sit with me. 

This post was going to be about her drama on Wednesday, it was going to be a no holds barred story of the day, but I decided to spare her the anguish of reliving the experience. 

Instead, let's discuss a dish of her mom's.  It might have another name, but I'm just going to call it Momma W's Zucchini.


This was me giving it an old college try.  Super easy.  Super yummy.  Deliciousness.  Put a big pat of butter in a pan, melt away.  Slice a zucchini (I had a big one I got in my CSA box this week), throw it into the pan for a butter bath.  Now comes the deliciousness part.  Liberally add soy sauce.  I put a lid on the pan too so the zukes would steam while absorbing all that yumminess.  The zucchini soaks up the butter and the soy sauce, and it just melts in your mouth!

Make it today.  End of story.

PS... I ate the whole thing.  End of story.

1 comment:

  1. Besties...awwww...

    Thank you muchly for not going into vivid detail! :oD

    And yes...you were a great comfort (although at the time it was prob hard to tell.) So I repeat:

    THANK YOU...

    and

    You are a GOOD...GOOD...friend! :o)

    (and somewhat decent "GPS"!)

    PS: I also indulged in a large portion of "Momma W's Zucchini" this evening 'cept mine included a pint of mushies. CH wanted to know if there was more...haha, NOPE.

    PPS: Your adorable little zucchini is now resting happily in a loaf of bread which I am more than willing to share! (I have FOUR to dispose of...)

    ReplyDelete