Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Don't worry, for those of you not ready yet I will not utter the "C" word.  However it is looking a lot more like it.  Friday is Light Up Night here in Pittsburgh and the town is getting dressed up to the nines.  I always loved the holiday season downtown, especially when I was in college post-9/11 and it was cheaper for me to take the train home from NYC than to fly (pre-9/11 it was only $99 roundtrip to fly... that more than doubled).  My dad would come pick me up at the station at night (the train always got in way after dark) and we would drive through downtown and see all the lights and decorations and such, which is why this season always feels like coming home to me. 

I had hoped to post some pictures of Pittsburgh all decorated in preparation for Friday, but the weather has been so gross I haven't really had a chance to take any.  So here instead are some pictures of other cities decorated for the season that I have visited in recent years:

DSC02295
the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris



CSC_0298
Oviedo, Spain

Cologne, Germany

Christmas Gnomes in Cologne, Germany

Cologne, Germany

Breakfast at the Christmas Market in Cologne, Germany
Potato Pancakes, Curry Wurst, and Gluhwein - yum!

Brussels, Belgium

Fun with photography in Brussels, Belgium

Hopefully this rainy, yucky weather stops soon and then I can show you how well Pittsburgh does the holidays up!

No comments:

Post a Comment