Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Have I Told You...

Lately that I love Badescu?  As in Mario Badescu.  MB makes some of the best skincare products ever.  Like totally completely ever.  My roommate my senior year in college, Stacy, introduced me to their products, and let's just say from that moment I was hooked!  I have been using this stuff for about 8 years now and I love it!!! (yup totally worth the triple exclamation points)  You might have seen them in different magazines like Glamour, Vanity Fair, Allure... you get the idea.  Pretty much they're famous for this:
Drying Lotion
It's their Drying Lotion - it's this weird pink goop you put on white heads at night, and they disappear - seriously - they vanish practically overnight! I bought it once and used it for a while, but I'm not good with actually knowing where stuff is if I only need it occassionally and so I lost it and never replaced it (oh well).

They've expanded their line a lot since I first starting using their products but these are my old standbys that I love, love, love!!!  (Also you can now buy them online and in stores across the country - back when I started using them you had to go to their office or go to Henri Bendel in NYC)

Enzyme Cleansing GelSpecial Cucumber LotionOil Free Moisturizer (SPF-17)Orange Tonic MaskKiwi Face Scrub
I suppose I should preface this by saying that according to my skin survey that the consultant did at the store(which you can also do online) I have combination skin, so most of these products are good for all skin types.  The Enzyme Cleansing Gel is the work horse, it cleans without being too drying or abrasive.  The Special Cucumber Lotion is the astringent, very refreshing.  Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 17 isn't too greasy, which I'm always worried about (they also now make it in SPF 30).  The Orange Tonic Mask and Kiwi Face Scrub (actual kiwi seeds are what does the scrubbing) are used on alternating days (in a perfect world - I've never been one for schedules though).  Best of all?  They actually work!!! I hate when I buy something that says it'll do one thing but doesn't live up to the hype - total annoyance.  AND everything smells totally yummy!!!

PS... if anyone needs to know what to get me for Christmas, I'm running low on all my old standbys.... (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) 

No comments:

Post a Comment