Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Whole Lot of Nothing

So no running yesterday (I know, I know - epic fail).  Today is a cross training day - Alyssa plans to spend it playing tennis with her hubby and I plan on spending it speed shopping.  The proper way to speed shop is to take an impatient basset hound with you and leave her in the car while you try to get through the store as fast as possible.  On the agenda for tonight's speed shopping is Michael's (for yarn), and Dick's Sporting Goods (for new shoes - hopefully), oh yeah and Giant Eagle (for lunch stuff for me and dog treats for the aforementioned basset hound).

Alyssa emailed me asking for a current list of races we have been planning for, here it is:
Oct 31, 2010 - costumes for a cause 5k

Nov 6, 2010 - stomp the grapes 1/2
Nov 7, 2010 - world run day 1mile
Nov 25, 2010 - turkey trot 5k
Dec 11, 2010 - jingle bell 5k
Feb 12, 2011 - uniontown 5k
Feb 27, 2011 - last chance for boston 10k
Mar 19, 2011 - shamrock 8k
Mar 20, 2011 - shamrock 1/2
Apr 30, 2011 - urban dare OR flying pig 10k
May 8, 2011 - race for the cure 5k
June ?, 2011 - va wine country 1/2
Sept ?, 2011 - luke hadley 5k
Sept 17, 2011 - air force 1/2
Sept 25, 2011 - great race 10k
Jan ??, 2012 - Disney M

The one I'm most excited about is Urban Dare - it's kinda like the Amazing Race, except it's just for one day and you have to answer trivia and do dares all across your city.
 
The reason I need to buy yarn tonight is for this:
 

 
Ain't it cute?!?  Michael's is having a sale on the yarn I decided to use for it.  I'm gonna make it for myself, and am quite excited - it's been a couple years since I've knit a sweater.  I got the pattern from Ravelry, it's called the Fireside Sweater by Amber Allison.  Which is based off of the off-white one worn by Cameron Diaz in The Holiday.
 
Speaking of sweaters... I'm going to knit another incarnation of the "sweater from hell" for Kaida Hagy, but luckily the smallest size in the pattern is 1 year and since she's a teeny little thing anyways I figure I've got at least a year to finish it.  RFA east coast may remember the original "sweater from hell" - it was hot pink and as adorable as could be, just hell to knit. 
 
Tomorrow morning, bright and early at 5am Alyssa and I will be back at the track.  I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. That is a whole lotta cables!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. It'll be funny when she tells me "mommy, I want to wear my sweater from hell today!"

    ReplyDelete