Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Taper Time!

Less than 2 weeks until the big race!!!  And it's official - Stomp the Grapes 1/2 Marathon is sold out!  750 registered runners and 100 relay teams - with odds like that I shouldn't be last.  Yay!  My goal (and I think Alyssa's too) is to finish in 3 hours, which would mean a keeping up the pace of about a 13:30 mile - completely do-able.  Our practice runs have been averaging between a 12:30 and a 13 mile, closer to 13, and with the adrenaline of the race we should be fine. 

I finally got new shoes this weekend:

Aren't they pretty?  They are a half size too small though so I'll be exchanging them either tonight or tomorrow - boo. 

PS: I took that photo with my new iPhone - about a thousand time better picture quality than my old phone!

Aside from the fact that my toes went numb, they felt great!  Alyssa got new Sauconys (a birthday gift from her mother-in-law) and she loves them. 



Here is the tapering plan - we ran 3 miles this morning (was supposed to be yesterday but oh well), cross train tomorrow, 3 miles Thursday, cross training Friday, 5 miles Saturday, a 5K race on Saturday (Costumes for a Cause), 2 miles on Tuesday, 20 minutes on Wednesday, 20 minutes Friday and then the race on Saturday!!!  Also on the tapering plan is eating better for the next couple weeks - after all the junk I ate watching the game yesterday (go Steelers!) I felt absolutely miserable during my run this morning (tummy-wise) - blech.

So my next blog will be my 100th... I'll have to think of several clever things to say, so as not to waste the momentous occasion!

1 comment: