- Tonight I am going to a Pirate game; not that the Pirate's are all that great, but the evening will undoubtedly involve nachos, racing pierogies, and free seats in a luxury suite, all of which are great things. I'm going with a group of people from work, someone set up an admin night in the company's suite, so it will only be admin and office support staff there - i.e. no attorneys, paralegals, or secretaries.
The reason I did not run this morning is because last night I had to take Ellie to my mom's house in preparation for this evening. By her staying with my mom, I do not have to worry about running home and letting her out, only to leave minutes later to get to the game on time. We left home around 7 and hit horrible traffic on the way up there. Everyone who has ever been in the car with me will be glad to know that I did actually use my horn when someone cut me off and I had to slam on my brakes - apparently I was invisible last night. We stopped at a back woods gas station, that seemed to be something out of a horror movie, and finally arrived at Mom's around 8:45. Following a detour to Wal-Mart (I bought a spool of thread - exciting I know) I pulled into my driveway at around 11:15. Pretty much threw myself into bed and was asleep around midnight - 2 and a half hours after I try to go to sleep before a run.
- Since missing the run today, due to a need for sleep (I like sleep if you couldn't tell from previous entries), Alyssa and I will be running tomorrow at 5 am, and Saturday at 7 am.
- Also Saturday is Manda's baby shower - I can't wait to see her, it's been forever it seems!
- The plan for Sunday's cross-training is to go kayaking. Alyssa, Bob and I are going to rent kayaks in the afternoon during the Pirate game. That should be interesting, being able to listen to the game while on the river.
- Wednesday I turn 29. It will be the first of many times I turn 29.
- May 15, 2011 is the Pittsburgh marathon and half-marathon. Alyssa and I are registering for the half marathon, because unlike the full one, the half does not take you through Oakland, Shadyside, and Bloomfield.
- Next September Alyssa and I are going to run in the Air Force half marathon in Dayton Ohio. Key factors which helped us pick that one for next fall: it's a (relatively) short drive; the finisher's medals are impressive; there are food and hydration stations nearly every mile; the course is advertised as "flat and fast"; and at every hydration station there are porta-potties - which you know is one of my phobias (fear of not having a place to pee mid-race).
- And the biggest news of all is January 2012 Alyssa and I will be running the BIG M. Yes, we will be running our first full marathon. At Disney World. It will be awesome. Provided I don't give up running for life before that.