Friday, August 6, 2010

4 Weeks

4 weeks from tomorrow I run my first race.  A real race.  With numbers and timing and everything.  And it has an official distance, 5K, not like when we were kids and would race between trees or down dirt roads or... wait, second thought, I never raced as a kid - I didn't like running.  I still don't like running.  Especially at 5:30 in the morning.  Without an IPod.  After being up late at the Pirate game.  Which they actually won.  And after eating a wonderful concoction called "Gimme S'more Cake."  It came off of the dessert cart.  Which I didn't know existed.  How did I live almost 29 years and not know about the dessert cart!  I knew about the dessert cart in restaurants, but at a baseball game?!?  No wonder those suites cost $2000 a game.  Yum.... 

Back to this morning... I couldn't find my IPod (it was next to my glasses) and so I ran sans-music, and boy am I glad we only ran 2 miles, any more and I might have gone completely bonkers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment