Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Different Kind of Mani

A couple weeks ago I decided to try something new.


Sally Hansen makes these new Nail Polish Strips which pretty much are like stickers for your fingernails.  The kit is about $10 (depending where you buy them) and comes with:



16 stickies, a mini file/ buffer and a cuticle stick.

Pretty much you push back your cuticles with the stick, then buff your nails, then apply the best fitting sticky.  They make the stickies really long, but they tend to break naturally at the end of your nail - you then just take the file and smooth down the edge.  It's really pretty easy - I applied most of them while sitting in traffic on my way home from work.  They are supposed to last up to 10 days - mine lasted about 7 before I picked them all off.  You're also supposed to use nail polish remover to get rid of them, which I did not.  I think that if I had actually been spending quality time applying them, instead of just in the car, they would have lasted around 10 says, but what happened was - I did not get the edges down as best I could so they slowly were starting to peel up and driving me bonkers.  Oh well, I now know for next time I feel like splurging on them.  The color I used was "Blue Ice" and they come in all sorts of crazy colors and patterns and sparkles.  They're fun.  Try them.  I dare you.





My one beef with them though is that although they come with 16 stickies, you can't save them to fix eventual chips - they start drying out as soon as you open the package, and so there is no real way to fix a chip.






No comments:

Post a Comment