Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 45 - and it's an important one too!

What's so important about Day 45?  Guess!  Can't guess?  Well take a look at that first little countdown over there on the right hand side of your screen...  Go on look, I'll wait.  (humming to myself....)  Done?  Figured it out?  Yup!  Today is halfway until our first race!!!  Craziness. 

It's been a while since I've written I think we're due for a little recap...

Friday (Day 41) was a rest day - easy peasy
Saturday (Day 42) was not a rest day - not so easy peasy:  At the South Side trail we ran 12 minutes walked 2 minutes, 2 times - now technically we were only supposed to walk 1 minute, but it was ridiculously hot (even for 8:30 in the morning) and neither of us was quite ready when the 1 minute mark rolled around to start running again.  The 2nd set of 12 minutes was awful!  It was hot, and uphill, and hot, and did I mention uphill?!? Note to self: do not run uphill - it's horrid.
Sunday (Day 43) was a cross-training day - we were supposed to go to the gym and take a spinning class.  I wussed out and decided tearing plaster off of the wall of the soon to be t.v. room in my house was cross-training enough, and for that matter spinning was cancelled anyways!  Alyssa met Andrea at the gym and they did a basic CT workout on their own.  We met up afterwards for lunch at Panera (Asian Sesame Chicken Salad - yum!) and our free Godiva.  If you do not have a Godiva card, you should totally get one - it entitles the holder to 1 free piece of chocolate a month - it's awesome!
Monday (Day 44) was a rest day - easy peasy.  I spent the evening laying on my couch reading A Walk In The Woods (for about the 5th time) while Ellie spent the night next to her fan looking out the front window - what exciting lives we lead!

Tuesday (Day 45) today....  I had planned to venture out bright and early to knock my run out early, but alas, my snooze button was much too accessible and my bed much too cozy.  And so tonight I will have to dodge raindrops as I run 15 minutes, walk 2 minutes, 2 times at the Baldwin Whitehall track - I would have gone to Ballys, but I quit :o(  Alyssa was sick yesterday and I was urging her not to run if she still was sick today, so we'll see what she feels up to...

Hopefully I won't get too drenched tonight - wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment