Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry (Day After) Christmas!

Did you all have a nice holiday?  I know I did.  I got what I wanted, but even better than that, I gave to several people in need this holiday season.  My favorite gift I received this year was an email from a stranger who I had sent some Christmas cheer to.  Through Soldier's Angels I had adopted a military family.  Well, it was actually a single active-duty mom and her 6 month old daughter.  I have been actively working with SA since I had first adopted Zach (of Flat Zach fame) through them.  For their Christmas gift I sent a pink teddy bear, hot pink sleepers, some Sesame Street board books, a shape learning toy, a couple pack of diapers, and a $50 gift card to be used towards their Christmas dinner.  The mom sent me the sweetest, most heartfelt email once the FedEx had arrived.  She said she was looking forward to seeing her daughter attempt to chew through the wrappings.  It made my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment