Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's Official - I'm Crazy

Not half crazy, not even three quarters crazy - nope I'm one hundred percent, certifiably crazy.  Why?  Well, although I swore up and down, frontwards and backwards that I would never run a marathon, I went ahead and registered for a marathon.  Yup.  A full marathon.  26.2 miles.  I have a feeling that the whole experience will suck greatly. 
And given my track record (haha, bad pun) at races, that's pretty much a guarantee.  I hate running.  I hate sweating.  I'm too A.D.D.  Almost as soon as I start running I think of a million things that I could be doing instead of running.  Things like: ... umm, ummm ... ok, so I can't think of anything right now - but that's just because I'm not running.  But believe you me, once I start running, I'll be able to think of all those things.

On May 6th of 2012, at 6:30 am, I will take to the streets of Cincinnati and run in the 14th Flying Pig Marathon.  That is, if the training doesn't kill me first.  SO... the training starts January 3rd (it would have started the 2nd, but Mondays are going to be rest days), it will be 18 weeks long, and if I make it past week 9, I'll actually start to believe that I might be able to run the actual marathon (because right now, to tell you the truth I am a little worried...).  Here's the rundown on the training:  35 days of ab work, 34 days of cross training, 184 miles of distance running, 30 hours and 15 minutes of timed running, and 20 rest days.  

Pray for me. 

I'm gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment