Sunday, March 20, 2011

And She Knew Better....

Last night Justin hosted a Mexican themed dinner at his house.  He made a chicken casserole with Doritos (it was yummy, but I had a hard time getting over the Doritos), Alyssa made rice, I made corn mush stuff (from the pack - I didn't have time to do it from scratch) and refried beans (which I jazzed up with a packet of sofrito and a whole bunch of cheese), Ange brought chips and dip, and Kristi made chocolate quesadillas for dessert (I was good and didn't try those, having given up chocolate for Lent).  By special request I mixed a small batch of margaritas too, I suppose that they could best be described as "potent": 3 parts Jose silver, 2 parts Cointreau, 1 part lime juice, some sugar and a final drizzle of Chambord.  Alyssa, who had experienced them before, had 3 and was pretty much out for the count when I left.  After the last time I made them she described the sensation as her brain disconnecting from her scull - not sure if that's a good thing. 

I'm waiting a few more hours before I call her today...

Photo from An Atlantan Eats - her's is a much less potent margarita ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment