Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Green, Green, Green

Lately I've been a bit obsessed with green.  Not the color green mind you, but the concept.  Yes, it is true - I am attempting to live a greener life.  You may ask, "Why?" "Was this some sort of New Year's resolution turned mild obsession?" Well, let me explain, it all started with a book...

From Seed to Skillet From Seed to Skillet: A Guide to Growing, Tending, Harvesting, and Cooking Up Fresh, Healthy Food to Share with People You Love

I had first seen this book weeks ago listed on Anthropologie and it piqued my interest.  I read more reviews about it and it is now on my doorstep at home, just waiting for me to release it from the confines of the cardboard box in which it currently resides.  However I did make sure to order it a friend...

In Defense of Food  In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto

I had previously read Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma and was quite moved by that message, and so I felt the follow-up book would be worth reading.

I will let you know how these books turn out - I cannot wait to get home and read them! (I have been in an old book rut and needed some new perspective).

No comments:

Post a Comment