Saturday September 4th we ran our first race, and came in 114 & 115 out of 119 runners. BUT, I was not last and that's all I wanted from that race :o)
Last Saturday we ran 6 miles. 6!!!! Since I had to work we ran seperately, Alyssa ran on Brownsville Road in the morning and I ran at the track at night. It was awesome. Perhaps for the first time ever I actually felt really good about it the entire time I was running!
Yesterday morning we ran 3 miles before work and will do the same tomorrow, Saturday we'll be running 7 miles on the Arrowhead Trail - should be fine.
Lots of various race news:
- Neither of us will be doing the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K anymore
- We have added a race for October 31: Costumes for a Cause 5K, which benefits the American Association for Lost Children (perk: t-shirts and we get to run in costumes - I plan on being Dorothy with ruby red sneakers!)
- We have added a race for December 11: Pittsburgh Jingle Bell Run 5K, which benefits the Arthritis Foundation (perk: t-shirts and we get to run with jingle bells tied to our shoes, and it ends at McFadden's on the North Shore)
- We have added 2 races for the weekend following St. Patrick's Day, March 19th & 20th: Shamrock 8K and 1/2 Marathon (perk: medals, t-shirts, a pin, Yuengling, and Irish Stew X 2!!!)
- We have added a "ramble" for April 17, 2001: Race, Run, Ride and Ramble on the Cumberland Valley Rail-Trail, which benefits the Cumberland Valley Rail to Trails Council - we will be doing the 15K ramble, since we're not trail runners (perk: t-shirt and I get to wear my hiking shoes)