Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bridal Shower



This past weekend I attended my first bridal shower (sorry Amanda, I don't count yours and JR's wedding one). There had to be over 100 women there, and the bride was freaking out. It was a tea party theme which was very pleasant. Lots of little sweets and finger sandwiches and iced teas. She walked away with at least a couple thousand dollars in gifts, and a few pieces of lingerie that made her turn bright red when unwrapping. I was able to catch up with a few girls that I graduated high school with and hadn't seen since. One of them was pregnant, with an insatiable appetite - it was cute in a tiny person being pregnant sort of way.

On the whole, it was an enjoyable afternoon - I probably wouldn't mind going to another one someday. Which for those that know me is saying a lot - what with my weird social freakout quirk and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment