Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 6/7/8

Ok, so much for trying to write everyday - oops...

Well Friday night I couldn't get my DVD to work.  Apparently you need a clicker - I think Sancho ate mine months ago - all my other DVDs have worked just fine with me just hitting 'play' on the actual player.  So to replace the DVD I did a workout called the "Lean Body Workout" by Women's Health magazine.  It wasn't too bad, it involved 3 sets of varying reps of: squats, butt lifty things, kinda like a sit up but twisting while holding a weighted ball, lying on a balance ball while lifting my arms up, incline pushups, sit-ups on a balance ball, and jumping rope.

Saturday morning I ran/walked at the Riverfront Trail on the SouthSide - I went fairly early (7:30 am) so it wasn't too hot yet.  It was a combo of run 2 minutes, walk 3 minutes.  Having a more upbeat playlist definately helped (I listened to Mamma Mia!), and I did about 2 miles or so in 30 minutes (10 minutes of which was warm up and cool down, so I wasn't really moving too fast).

This morning instead of doing an hour of Turbo Jam like we had planned, Alyssa and I met at the gym where we lifted for about an hour.  A 5 minute warm-up on the elliptical, then we worked on legs and arms.  Once home I threw in a few sets of sit-ups on the balance ball, just to get a little bit of abs in as well.

Tomorrow is a rest day, which is well deserved after 4 days in a row.  I made up calenders for Alyssa and myself and blew them on 11x17 paper.  I have posted mine on my fridge.  It feels like such a sense of accomplishment to be able to cross off each day with a big red "X".  I now have 8 X's in a row and still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment